Founder / Freelance Social Consultant | Blue Hour Social | June 2011 – Present
- Clients: Deloitte, Mitsubishi Power Americas, We Are Rosie, AirTable, Biodegradable Products Institute, 3Q, Life360, The Social Element, Cîroc, McGann Media, Food Tours Atlanta, Good Mews, Steady, Dezi & Roo
- Consulting & Training: Train businesses looking to run social in house. Consult on enhancing internal capabilities, expanding team expertise, and creating social roadmaps. Provide mentorship and learning opportunities for junior to mid-senior employees.
- Organic Social: Develop and implement channel, engagement, and content strategies. Provide oversight and direction to in-house social and creative teams.
- Paid Media: Strategize, implement, and optimize paid media campaigns. Work with media teams to integrate paid social into existing media schemes. Provide oversight and mentorship to in-house media teams.
- Analytics: Execute reports with actionable insights and recommendations. Provide oversight and direction to in-house analysts. Create repeatable reporting frameworks.
- Influencer Marketing: Develop and implement influencer strategies for micro- to celebrity-led campaigns. Lead contract negotiations. Manage influencer networks.
- Recruitment: Match top social strategy, media, and creative talent with businesses needing full-time or specialized support.
- Career Roadmapping: Mentor social strategy, media, and creative talent to determine what, when, where, why, and how of creating the most fulfilling career path for their individual wants, needs, and values. Self-branding and online presence review.
Agency Lead, Influencer & Social Strategist | Social Tribe | 2019 – 2020
- Clients: Intel Data Platforms Group, SAP Global Influencer Marketing, Social Tribe
- Department Foundation: Successfully systemized and scaled the newly formed influencer team by establishing processes, determining work philosophies, and establishing relationships with key B2B tech influencers. Created a roadmap for how the department will scale with each new client and project.
- Influencer Marketing Lead: Managed teams leading industry conferences and events, product launches, and messaging campaigns for Fortune 100 tech brands. Conceptualized and ran an innovative sustainability-focused campaign highlighting the needs of the customer’s customers by integrating B2B and B2C influencers for SAP Global.
- Social Business Development Lead: Identified warm and cold leads, pitching and winning two new clients and several expanded scopes.
Director, Social Strategy | Sagepath | 2017 – 2019
- Clients: Holler & Dash, Pulte, LiveUp, Hunter Fans, Edible Arrangements, Southern Company
- Department Foundation: Established social media as an agency discipline, defining paid and organic offerings, social philosophy, and processes. Educated agency teams and led client relationship management, resourcing, and budgeting for all social accounts.
- Social Media Lead: Led all strategy initiatives and mentored social team. Ensured client needs were translated into successful marketing executions through brand planning, strategy development, content creation, client training, and execution of organic, paid, and influencer marketing campaigns.
- Social Business Development Lead: Spear-headed social strategy for all business development initiatives, growing client base by three major accounts.
Manager, Social Media Marketing | Sage | 2016 – 2017
- Paid Social Lead: Developed a funnel-driven strategy to drive marketing-qualified leads through Facebook and Instagram. Between January – March 2017, the social conversion rate for owned products increased from 3% to 17%.
- Employee Advocacy Lead: Empowered sales and product teams by developing a social playbook offering best practices and guidelines for sharing content on personal social pages. Trained sales teams on LinkedIn’s Social Selling and Elevate platforms.
- Digital Content Strategy: Managed the development and launch of the revenue-driving Sage Advice blog. Planned and implemented go-to-market strategies for For Dummies eBook and a Facebook Messenger chatbot.
- Influencer Marketing: Developed B2B influencer marketing initiatives supporting the Sage blog launch, ongoing content needs, product launches, and industry events.
Social Media Manager III | Moxie USA | 2014 – 2016
- Clients: Coca-Cola, Gold Peak, My Coke Rewards, Wells Fargo, AMC Theatres
- Social Media Strategy: Developed social strategies through brand personas, channel role and purpose, consumer mapping, editorial planning, campaign themes, social tactics, and content/social audits.
- Influencer Marketing Lead: Helped define influencer practice. Managed campaigns through pitching, contracting, budgeting, and network management for award-winning evergreen and campaign initiatives for Gold Peak Tea & Coffee and Wells Fargo.
- Social Engagement Strategy: Managed a team of strategists and community managers, leading engagement for Coke’s trademark brands including the implementation of engagement strategies during initiatives for COPA America and the Olympics.
- Business Development: Led pitches as program manager and social strategist, winning two $1MM accounts and several incremental scopes.
Social Media Manager | Force Marketing | 2014 – 2016
- Integrated Marketing: Created a cross-platform strategy incorporating direct mail, SEM, website content, SEO, and social media.
- Online Reputation Management: Managed online reputation initiatives for 40+ car dealerships nationwide including mainstream sites like Facebook and Yelp, as well as niche services like DealerRater.
- Social Training: Ran training initiatives for both internal and external sales teams including community management, channel best practices, and emerging social trends.
- Media Relations: Managed media relations and event coordination for all store grand openings and industry news strategies. Pitched CarMax Foundation’s first national partnership earning over 670k in social reach, 35 local and industry placements, and national coverage by Voice of America.
- Crisis Communications Social Media Lead: Managed monitoring and data assessment to inform traditional and social response to active and potential crises.
- Internal Communications: Led the award entries that landed CarMax on the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For” list twice. Aided in the creation and distribution of internal company communications including emails and intranet articles.